Wednesday, September 9, 2009

sept goal

After reading the notes for week one of microbiology, it got me thinking... what have i learned in the short time I have worked in the industry, where and how can I improve, and where and how I've excelled. The veterinary field can be really challenging at times and it takes a lot of patience and understanding to get it right. In Carolynn's notes, she said that she "worked hard to create a calm controlled ... environment" and that truly stuck out to me. Our jobs can be so hectic that sometimes we forget to slow down and take a breath... and Carolynn's right... by trying to work at a controlled and calm level helps your sense of urgency in non-emergency situations. sometimes I find myself running around, getting frustrated by the heavy workload (we have been very short staffed lately) but now Im going to try Carolynn's theory of work environment, calm and controlled and this will help me learn how to be more patient, how to judge my situation and get me through my day as peacefully as possible.
There are always things that we can improve in whether that be at work or at home. And if we didn't have anything to improve, how boring would that be!?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley!

    LOVE your profile pic, soo cute!
    Please visit my blog at laurakpreece@blogspot.com
    How are you finding this course so far?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that URL is wrong.
    It should be laurakpreece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly on the right track Ashley in wanting to make things better for you. When worked in human medicine there were always emergencies and doctors breathing down my neck. I kept myself calm by following the procedures the way I was trained as I knew by panicking or hurrying I would make mistakes. Hope it works for you. I look forwardto reading about your progress. Carolynne

    ReplyDelete